THE KANATA BAPTIST CHURCH PRIVACY PROTECTION PLEDGE
At Kanata Baptist Church we respect your privacy and have developed The Kanata Baptist Church Privacy Code (Privacy Code) to demonstrate our commitment to protecting your personal information. In compliance with the relevant portions of the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ((PIPEDA), the Privacy Code specifies Kanata Baptist Church’s guidelines for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
To make certain we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information, we need you to sign this Privacy Protection Pledge (pg 3).
Why do we need to collect your personal information?
- Preparation of congregational directories
- Preparation of charitable donation receipts
- Preparation of listings and analysis of volunteer activities
- Promotion of church activities and events
- Planning for classroom and ministry resource allocation
- Strategic Planning
- Pastoral care and family visitation
- Safety and security
- Connecting individuals to ministries
When do we disclose personal information?
- Professional accounting firm for annual audit
- Legal counsel
- Insurance agent
- * Other professional(s) or third-party processors that may be required for the preparation and/or printing of church documents, including the congregational directory
- Reports requested by our denominational office (the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec)
- Referral to persons leading ministries
- Distribution of volunteer schedules
How do we protect your personal information?
Kanata Baptist Church commits to:
- not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above;
- obtain permission from you for any purpose other than those listed in the document;
- protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other organizations;
- strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above;
- honour any request you may make for access to your personal information;
- not give out personal information over the telephone and
- not distribute directories to anyone who is not also listed in the directory.
What are your choices?
- You may refuse to provide your personal information to us.
- You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.
Choosing one of these options could limit our ability to serve you.
If you have any questions or concerns about our personal information management system, please contact the Kanata Baptist Church Office, at (613) 836-3145 or via email. Otherwise, we will assume that we have your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above and in a manner consistent with The Kanata Baptist Church By Laws.