Facility Use General Details
KBC primarily accepts bookings from non-profit/charity organizations or community related events. You will be responsible to have appropriate, all-inclusive insurance coverage, including liability insurance to cover all leaders, participants and event activities. A proof of insurance certificate will be required. Your event must align with the Values and Beliefs of KBC and all users will be expected to follow Facility Use Policy.
KBC will work to avoid conflicts, but reserves the right to cancel any booking with up to 24 hours notice. This will only happen with extenuating situations.
Event Content and Activities
You will be asked about your event content and planned activities to ensure material and activities are consistent with the Values and Beliefs of KBC.
While same sex marriage is legal in Canada, it is not permitted in our denomination. Therefore, the building may not be used for conducting same sex weddings or related activities (ie. Reception).
If you are planning a fundraiser, please note lotteries, bingo, raffles or other games of chance are not considered acceptable fundraising activities.
Any recurring program agreements requires renewing annually.
Space and Equipment Usage
You will have use of table and chairs. Use of specific equipment will be discussed at the time of booking.
KBC has an Abuse Prevention Policy, which is applicable to all activities held in our facility. In accordance with this policy all infants, children and youth must be supervised by a minimum of two unrelated leaders/volunteers 18 years of age or older. These volunteers will be required to have current Criminal Reference Check for the Vulnerable Sector. A copy of all completed checks will need to accompany your rental agreement.
Security Deposit $250
Cawfield Hall $100
Sanctuary and Foyer $100
Library and Kiosk $75
Classrooms (A1 or 2, C1,2,3 or 4) $50
Entire Facility (Does not include Church Office area) $350
Janitorial (Mandatory for weddings and groups larger than 75) $125
Sound Technician (Mandatory if using the sanctuary) $50/first hour then $15/hr
Values and Beliefs
While the facilities of Kanata Baptist Church are available for use by community groups, we request the understanding and cooperation of all groups to respect the underlying values and beliefs of the congregation. If your group's activities promote some other religious practices or views, or if your group's activities are ostensibly in conflict with those stated values and beliefs, we would respectfully ask you to consider arrangements with an alternate facility in our community. If you are uncertain whether your group's activities would be in conflict or you would like further clarification on this matter, please contact the church office.
In its simplest expression, we believe that the Bible is God's divine Word for all people - it reveals God's plan for salvation through faith in Jesus Christ and calls all people to a new life in a living relationship with Him. We are orthodox regarding traditional Christian theology, evangelical in our expressions, and we tend to be more on the conservative end of the scale compared to some other Christian denominations.
This statement of faith, prepared by the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada, affirms the core teachings of our shared understanding of faith.
- The Holy Scriptures, as originally given by God, are divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and constitute the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh; we affirm his virgin birth, sinless humanity, divine miracles, vicarious and atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension, ongoing mediatorial work, and personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of lost and sinful humanity is possible only through the merits of the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, received by faith apart from works, and is characterized by regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit enables believers to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Church, the body of Christ, consists of all true believers.
- Ultimately God will judge the living and the dead, those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
For a more complete overview of this topic, please refer to Affirmation of Essentials
Facility Use Policy
- The Church facilities are available between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. unless otherwise approved and specifically outlined in the rental agreement.
- The person responsible for a function must be an adult over the age of 21. This responsible person must be present for the duration of the function and will be responsible for maintaining all rules and policies and ensuring the building is clean and all the doors are locked at the end of the event.
- Children and teens must have adult supervision—one adult (18 years or older) for every 8 children or 10 teens. All adult supervisors must have cleared a police criminal records check within the past 5 years.
- Children must be supervised at all times and not be allowed to run free throughout the Church building.
- Use of rollerblades, roller skates, and skateboards inside the Church is prohibited.
- Lotteries, bingo, raffles or other games of chance are not considered acceptable fundraising activities.
- Gambling, alcoholic beverages, non-prescription drugs, tobacco products, and weapons in any form are prohibited on Church property. No foul language will be allowed. Repairs for any damage to equipment and/or building by the renter or by participants of the renter’s event are the responsibility of the renter. Damage must be repaired to original condition and must be professionally contracted to an individual/organization acceptable to KBC.
- The attachment of decorations and other materials to walls shall be done only with the consent of the Church Administrator or designee. Masking tape only will be used.
- Food and beverages may be consumed in all rooms. The cost of cleaning carpets after a major spill will be the responsibility of the user group. All food items and refuse must be properly disposed of at the end of an activity; any spills are to be wiped up immediately. A report of spillage or damage must be made to the Church Administrator within 24 hours.
- No equipment or furnishings in Kanata Baptist Church are to be removed from the building for personal use.
- The building shall be left in a clean and tidy condition. Tables, chairs, and euipment will be returned to thier designated areas.
- Any equipment rented from an outside source (such as tables, chairs, electronic equipment, etc.) may be delivered the day before your event and must be removed within two days after your event. Equipment left for pickup must be stored in a manner that allows further use of the space it is stored in.
- No clothes, towels, sports equipment, shoes, or other personal items shall be stored in the Church facilities. If items are left in the building, they will be disposed of after two weeks. Kanata Baptist Church is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen personal items.
- Trash bags are to be tied and taken to the dumpster. Recycled items are to deposited in the bins located at the north end of the building.
- You are responsible for ensuring all lights and heat have been turned off and all doors are securely latched and locked.